Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog Post 09

Prior Experience With Technology:
   I have a complicated relationship with technology. I love it and find it incredibly useful, but sadly I am not an expert in its functions. The most formal educational experience I've had with technology so far stemmed from my 8th grade computer science class. Though my love for iPhones and social media is true, I tend to get frustrated with some of my tech endeavors. Just yesterday, I had an unpleasant experience trying to set up my "demon printer" (as my roommate likes to call it). Despite my struggles, I try to stay as up to date with technology as possible, so I can stay relevant in today's society.
What I Hope To Learn In This Class:
     Unfortunately, I do not excel in Excel. Though I consider myself to lead a slightly tech-savvy life, I hope this class builds upon what skill I already have. I am not an education major, but I find the integration of technology into the classroom to be among the most pressing issues facing today's society. This being said, I hope to take away a positive outlook for the future as children are given exposure to the resources technology has created.
My Learning Style:
     The most prevalent feature of my learning style is that I must follow a logical sequence to understand a subject. The biggest piece of advice I can follow to suit my learning style is to make sure that I do not miss any steps as I am introduced to a new subject. I am neutral in my preference for visual learning as compared to verbal learning, so whether I am seeing a diagram or hearing a lecture, I can grasp a concept. I have a tendency to prefer learning facts and concrete ideas as opposed to learning theories and not having hands-on experiences. I best retain information through active learning, meaning that I would rather try something out rather than think through every potential outcome.


1 comment:

  1. Baylee- Great post! I completely understand your complicated relationship with technology. And don't get me started on printers... I have some horror stories! Many students in this class want to learn more about Excel. We will spend time in that area so that you can become a more knowledgable, comfortable Excel user. You have great takeaways from your learning style questionnaire!

    ReplyDelete