Monday, November 23, 2015

Lynda Tutorial: DIY Photography

Activity Log:

After logging on to my existing Lynda account, I began my search for an interesting video. After some looking, I decided to settle on a DIY Photography video on how to get the perfect aerial view by attaching a camera to a painter's pole. The link to that video can be found here. Once settling on the video, I pressed play and stated learning new photography techniques. The video opened with a man trying to get a nice photograph of a tall building. Much to his dismay, the angle of the photograph was off because he was not tall enough to get a straight view of the building. When Joseph (the man in the video) got far enough away to get a straight on view of the building, much of the photo was lost to the surrounding parts of the picture. There was no focus on the building, as much of the picture was taken up by its surroundings. To solve this problem, Joseph pulls out a simple painter's pole. With an adaptive tool he bought off the internet, Joseph attaches his camera to the pole. By programing the intervalometer on his camera to take a picture every second, Joseph makes the camera start taking photos and raises the painter's pole with the camera into the air. With a little bit of adjustment of the painter's pole, Joseph is able to capture the perfect image of the building. Joseph ends the tutorial with words of advice as to how important of a tool a painter's pole can be in a photographer's arsenal. Though the video had no interactive parts, I could see exactly what Joseph was doing with his camera and it made the video easy to follow along with.

Learning Experience:

I was surprised at how simple of a DIY Joseph's Lynda tutorial turned out to be. There were no interactive parts, but Joseph acted out every step necessary in the video. Joseph's physical actions in addition to his explanations showed me how to do everything I could need to know in the tutorial. I would really like to become more experienced with photography. This being said, Joseph offered a lot of great techniques that made his videos fun to watch. Instead of making the videos less interesting, he incorporated a lot of his own personality into the videos and made them more fun to watch. I plan to continue watching his videos, as I found what Joseph had to offer very interesting.

Evidence:


No comments:

Post a Comment